Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sporting Lad
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax Q: "Withdrawn from service"?
Apr 25, 2013

Hi, I'm new to this forum (but not to photog).  I've got a crate of film cameras going back to the early '60s, and I'm now looking for my 5th digi cam.

I'm interested in the Pentax Q, but they're hard to find here (W. Canada).

I went into our local chain camera shop, and the salesperson said they had a couple "years ago", but hadn't seen any in some time.  She was only about 30, poor thing, and when I mentioned my old Rollei 35S for purposes of comparison, she said she'd never even heard of it!

Well, she checked her computer and discovered that two Qs were available at one of their other stores (with the 'Prime' lens) at what I figure to be a very good price, so I ordered one.

Now I'm wondering about her idea that the Q is, or will be soon, withdrawn for the Pentax stable.  Is that rumour true or merely exaggerated?  Will it be superseded by the Q-10?

Will Pentax continue to support the Q, or is it to be treated as another red-haired child?

Should I try and order the telephoto lens now, before it too is "withdrawn from service"?

I sure like the look of the Q, and the reviews alone sold me on it.

Tell me if my fears are unfoundedĀ  |

thx

Tom

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow