Forum ProPosts: 15,158Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying the NEX-5R but deciding on a lens... want a portable GOOD camera
In reply to dpmaxwell, Apr 25, 2013

dpmaxwell wrote:

Pi lover wrote:

D Cox wrote:

Pi lover wrote:

One thing you're going to find with the 5R is that you only have the back screen to view your pictures.  I'm waiting for the EVF kit (just under $300) because in brighter light the screen becomes totally useless.  It's frustrating to want a shot and not be able to see anything.  The EVF is one advantage the more expensive Nex's have.

I find the screen is perfectly visible when set to "Sunny Weather" brightness. This does drain the battery faster, however.

I've had it on maximum brightness and couldn't see a thing, regardless of which way  I tried to shoot.  Snow and a bright day may be something you never get where you live.  Battery life isn't a concern since I have 3 batteries.

Grant.

I live in the desert where sun is a near-constant.  Snow, not so much, so maybe that is an issue. "Sunny Weather" mode works great for me; I rarely feel the need to use the EVF.  I think Sunny Weather mode changes some other settings besides just brightness, it apparently does something with the color and contrast of the screen as well.

I'm very surprised that you can't see "a thing" if you are using the Sunny Weather setting.

-- hide signature --

*Disclaimer: the above post is just my opinion. No offense was intended. Please don't freak out - I'm just some random dude on the internet.*

I'm a bit nearsighted so an EVF with adjustable diopter really works for me, when it's very bright.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow