Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.4 + NEX 7

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
spiderhunter
Regular MemberPosts: 231
Like?
Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.4 + NEX 7
In reply to BasiliskPhoto, Apr 25, 2013

BasiliskPhoto wrote:

Don't apologise - this little gem deserves its own thread!

My copy is super sharp (at least in the middle) and a joy to use with peaking as stuff snaps into focus. A wider aperture would be nice, but 2.4 is good enough for most uses. And, as you say, it is a great little closeup lens, if not quite macro. If you want a flexible general purpose leave-on-the-camera lens, this is as good as many.

Not sure whether I would pay £170 - which seems to be the current price, mainly because the East German technology might not be quite as reliable as some, but my aperture ring seems pretty good, though some report stickyness.

Probably my favourite current lens on a crop sensor, even including my FD50 f1.4 which I find too restrictive a focal length for general use.

If you or anyone reading this has both the Jena flektogon 35mm 2.4 and Sony 35mm 1.8, my question is :

How do you rate the  Jena flektogon 35mm 2.4 against the new Sony 35mm 1.8 in terms of IQ, color and contrast? Does the Sony exhibit a kind of plasticy artificial look?  We are not going to discuss OSS and AF, just images the lenses produce.  Much thanks.

-- hide signature --

A good picture is worth one word - IMPACT.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow