Color Run II

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 29,228
Like?
Re: Color Run II
In reply to TomGallopavo, Apr 25, 2013

I'm a little surprised that no one replied to your thread.  They are nice photos.  My only suggestion, is that maybe next time you could capture them doing something active (like when they are throwing colors at each other).  I like the second-to-last photo the best, which comes closest to what I had in mind.  It looks like one child was riding on the back of another and they were having fun.  It also is like you have zoomed in or cropped the pictures too close to the subjects where they almost look like people portraits without any surroundings.  Often at events (like the last series of photos I showed on the Show Your Snaps thread on the Rebel forum), I used both a wide angle and telephoto lens.  I went back & forth between lenses, sometimes showing a wider view of the scene and other times I may take pictures of the subjects closer.  Or I'll stand further away or I'll be closer to them.  With a series of photos at a Color Run event like that, I would think that you would want the viewers to enjoy them with the variety of pictures that you show.  The wider view may give them a sense of where they are seeing the pictures.  A close up of a person may show that special facial expression.  Seeing some action could provide more interest.  Does that help you some for your next series of photographs?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow