HS50EXR vs SL1000.Anyone compared these 2 camera?

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR vs SL1000.Anyone compared these 2 camera?
In reply to norland, Apr 25, 2013

norland wrote:

The SL1000 v the Canon SX50 seems to be the hard choice to make... as a stop-gap till (maybe) Fuji sort themselves out with an XS-2. The HS50exr just doesn't appear to be good enough to justify the problems it carries.

Care to elaborate the problems you are talking about?

Way I see it -- and I do want to buy a long-zoom -- Fuji are being too oddly evasive about the XS-1 to trust it (a pity, since I would have purchased one yesterday if that wasn't so), and the Panasonic FZ200 is quite tempting but comparatively over-priced for a noisy little sensor maybe being pushed too far. Shallow depth of field at 2.8 partly negates its ability to have a higher shutter speed at 400asa or below, and the sensor is not very appealing above 400 ... in this lower-light part of the country (or further up north) for most of the year I'd on the whole prefer to have a faster film speed equivalent.

So it comes down to a choice between the SL100 and the SX50, neither of which is ideal but at least they do offer a lot that's useful.

It's good that all the above mentioned are not cluttered up with stuff that's nothing to do with taking a photo -- absolutely no desire for a popup toaster with the ability to tell me exactly where I amn't on facegook whilst sending emails or whatever, and happens to have a camera stuck on as an afterthought.

If you don't care about blazing speed in STS and AF and if you don't care about the sluggish motorized zoom, peephole EVF and toy-ish built of those cams then yes, those two are pretty much your choices.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow