DxO 6D?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
MrScorpio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,351Gear list
Like?
Re: DxO 6D?
In reply to JOrmsby, Apr 25, 2013

Hi

personally I use a graduated ND filter, which often overcome any DR difficulties in landscape pictures.

I never feel limited by DR with my 6d. Most situations with a big DR difference have such a huge DR span in them that the small difference in the cameras DR does not help anyway in my experience. And as said before here, there is always a tripod and the HDR alternative.

BR

Marcus

JOrmsby wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the market to go full-frame from a Nikon d5100. I'm not heavily vested in Nikon DX so I've been taking a real close look at the 6D and D600. I shoot mostly landscapes, and really like the Canon's 'color,' and whole system a bit better than the Nikon.

My trouble is that i keep reading everywhere how much better the sensor is on the Nikon. Especially over at DxO, where the 6D's sensor is rated barely better than my older D5100, and in fact the dynamic range on the D5100 is 1.5 EV greater than the newer and full framed 6D. So I'm wondering from your experience, how much does this matter in real world shooting? Would the 6D really be a step back except in high ISO/low-light situations? Is DxO even that accurate or trustworthy, it seems all their top-rated equipment is Nikon?

thanks in advance,

j

-- hide signature --
 MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow