The best camera company

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,162Gear list
Like?
While I have a personal preference
In reply to Airless, Apr 25, 2013

for Olympus cameras, I wouldn't necessarily vote them the bet camera company.

They've don a few things to rub users the wrong way, missed opportunities, and generally dropped the ball on marketing (at least here in the States)

Nikon has some impressive cameras, if you like full sized DSLRs and lenses, They get better results out of a Sony sensor than Sony.  But like Canon, they've been slow to innovate.

Sony innovates, but maybe doesn't have a clear vision of where they are going.

Pentax- willing to try the absurd, but does that help them as a company?  Would they do better a basic, no nonsense DSLR or mirrorless body?

Leica- best strategy for a company that wants to stay small?

Panasonic- Nice complement to Oly in the m43 system... I don't thing either brand would be as strong if they didn't share the mount.  But some still blame them for sticking Olympus w a sensor past it's obsolesces date?  I wouldn't count them as strong enough to rank first.

In the end, each company has something to offer, has some faults keeping it from being 'best'.  Rather than picking which is best overall, enjoy the selection, find the system that is best for -you-.

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow