D7100 or K-5IIs

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,829Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 or K-5IIs
In reply to Cosmo Not, Apr 24, 2013

Cosmo Not wrote:

Great points about the brands. I'm completely new to pentax but I am so glad I made the move. I will however disagree with one point of yours. More MP isn't always a bane. I often use cropping as added zoom. I switched over from canon and I would have loved to own some of their pro glass but dang is that long stuff spendy. The k-5 IIs seems so sharp at the pixel that one can make up for some lens shortcomings. I will be eagerly waiting to see what Pentax does next and wouldn't mind a 24MP filterless offering.

I don't think i said something for you to have to disagree with me.  What kind of work or photography do you do?  If you "need" it then yes, YOU do need it, but most people don't, 16MP is plenty, even a 12MP camera.  I have printed 20x30 portrait frames of my family and believe me, that's all you need.  Another thing i learned is that for portrait photography application you don't even need a camera that has to be super sharp.  The photos with the D7000 alone i had to soften them because they were showing too much detail/imperfections on the skin, so why would i "need" a D7100 for this??  You know what i mean?

I also think that the quality of the camera/sensor is also more important than the MP quantity.  I took photos with a Nikon 24MP D3200 and with a 16MP D5100, the 16MP looks better.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow