How to carry a camera when crawling through tight spaces?

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim T
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,240Gear list
Like?
How to carry a camera when crawling through tight spaces?
Apr 24, 2013

I do a lot of crawl space and attic inspections as an engineer and I have always had problems when I find myself in one of these spaces with my camera and a flashlight.  The headlamps address the flashlight issue normally but the camera is alays a problem for me.  I have the Captureclip by Peak Design but don't wlays have a place to attach the clamp where I can get at it.  What I end up doing is carry an Olympus TG-1 or Sony TX-10 since they are compact and rugged but again where do I put them when I'm crawling.  Last night I ended up carrying the TG-1 using my teeth and the wrist strap.  Then I realized that wasn't a good idea since I was crawling through nasty stuff and sometimes holding the camera strap with dirty hands.  Using my chest pocket of my jacket/shirt or overalls works but things fall out and I've lost many things.

Any ideas?

Jim T's gear list:Jim T's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +11 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow