Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jburrows500
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
Re: Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D
In reply to joejack951, Apr 24, 2013

joejack951 wrote:

jburrows500 wrote:

Some of the responses to the post were clearly indicative of an elitist mindset some photographers continue to hold.. "My pictures are better than yours" because I use equipment you can't begin to understand..  I never got that..

Nope, no one has said that. Some, including me, have told you to learn your equipment better. I'm sorry, but it's plainly obvious that you don't know that well how to use it since you seem to think an I-whatever can deliver better images than your 5D.

In some very specific cases, I'll concede that at best the I-thing could match your 5D.

I don't mean to shatter anyone's self image but learning about aperture, shutter speed and ISO isn't rocket science and isnt a 3 credit course at MIT .

And if you think that the above is all there is to know about using a DSLR, no wonder you'd rather be shooting with an I-device.

Learning composition and how to frame a picture are intangibles that are far more important and can not be readily taught..

Ok, and composition is entirely independent of the device used to capture the photo. If your son can compose better than you, perhaps you should give him the 5D. His images would be that much better (assuming he actually takes the time to fully learn the device).

But like it or not, change is coming.. it is seen in my sons 5th gen ipod.. as well as the highly rated X100.  Technology will at some point drive out the need to carry a 5 pound body and lens (4.66oz for those of you that will respond by noting a 5D body and Sigma 50mm 1.2 don't weigh 5 pounds) which for some is welcome, and for others.. not so much.

It sounds like technology is already there for you. Please, go sell your 5D and buy another Ipod.

Joe..  Let me say it again..  its doesn't mater who took it, what experience he brings to the table, or what equipment he has to take it.. The only thing that matters is the product... the end result!    it was a great shot.. you missed the whole point!  The irony was.. it blew my 5D away!  Your stuck on the means that made the great shot.. who cares!  Focus on the product Joe and less about whats around your neck.

Period!

jburrows500's gear list:jburrows500's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow