The best camera company

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Omexis
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
Re: Z) Sigma
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, Apr 24, 2013

I'll agree Sigma wins for a sensor and a suitable lens, as in the DP Merrills. But seeing as Sony have just had a patent accepted for a Foveon type sensor, I expect cameras from other manufacturers will start going this way. It's only a matter of time before everyone gets onto the bandwagon, it is the future, Bayer is soon to be dead.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Airless wrote:

Time to settle this debate once and for all, at least until this year's new cameras are all announced. I'm dead set on finding out which camera brand is truly the best. Here are the choices:

Olympus

Sony

Fuji

Panasonic

Leica

Pentax

Nikon

Canon

Samsung

These are roughly in order of how likely they should be to win.

Sigma wins by default because it's in a race by itself.  Only the rest of you aren't in a race, it's more like "king of the hill" played with chainsaws.

You can run (and fight) with the pack if you like, when you're ready to move to something really unique go Sigma.

Sigma, the option of peace.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Omexis's gear list:Omexis's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow