Lets share A58 impressions on one thread..

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
topstuff
Senior MemberPosts: 1,065Gear list
Like?
Lets share A58 impressions on one thread..
Apr 24, 2013

So my A58 just arrived.

I am off to Turkey tomorrow.  No time to test it.  I will decant it into the bag and play with on the plane tomorrow morning.

First impressions - this is not an expensive camera.  It is a bit hollow feeling. But it seems sturdy enough.  And it is quite small.

I really do not have a problem with the lack of a metal band on the lens mount.  Does not bother me in the slightest.

Kit lens seems fine.  First images of the hens in the garden seem clear and punchy.

I find the EVF a noticeable improvement over the A55/57.  Response of the buttons and the interface seems fast.  No lag like the first A77's.

I think my old Sigma 24mm 1.8 may spend a lot of time on this camera.  Focus is good and I like the focal length.  I've got a Minolta 24-105 hanging around and it fits really nicely. I think that's coming with me too.

The sensor seems good.  I'm seeing a lot of detail. No obvious issues.

This is a cheap camera.  But I suspect the IQ could be very nice indeed.

No obvious back or front focus issues.  All seems well.  Let's see how it performs in the heat and dust of rural Turkey over the next few weeks with a bunch of different people using it.

I will post results on my return.

Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
60iNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow