ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ilysaml
Forum MemberPosts: 91
Like?
Canon EOS 7D as my first DSLR
Apr 24, 2013

Hello people,

I've been reading almost for 6 months about DSLR and photography basics, I read many books and articles about the fundamentals, watched many video tutorials...I just lack the real world use and experience and I'm here to expand my learning and capabilities. The reason I would like to get the 7D is for the high ergonomics and handling, the fast and accurate autofocus it has as i'm leaning to shoot birds and flying object when I get my desired fast zoom lens, so Is this a good idea? I understand that the EOS 7D has sophisticated and complex autofocus system..at least for a beginner but I feel like it won't be a real problem to me once I get my hands on it and figure it out. the other option was to get a mid-range DSLR like the EOS 650D but the real problem is that i don't wanna throw money switching between bodies as I won't sell the camera too easy with a good price in my country.

I've also wanted to get a FF body, but the EOS 6D with a walk around lens such as  24-105 mm F4 L costs a fortune to me, and doesn't have autofocus as good as 7D. So what are your opinions?

Also is it wise to invest in L lens with a cropped body? i understand the quality of the glass, the sharpness, less vignetting, CA, distortion and better bokeh,.....

But with lenses like the upcoming Sigma 18-35 F1.8, and 17-55 F2.8 and similar fast walk around lenses, is it bad compared to L lenses? I don't think so?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and experience about this.

Cheers.

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow