NEX 6 or Fuji X-E1 for European Vacation

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,889Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 6 or Fuji X-E1 for European Vacation
In reply to nexpirate, Apr 24, 2013

nexpirate wrote:

I've owned both. The X-E1 with the 18-55mm can produce STUNNING photos. They have a clarity and colour I've never seen matched in an APS-C sensor. The lens is VERY heavy though compared to the 6. The AF is a bit slower and not as reliable. For a holiday I'd take the 6. The Fuji is far more involved and you need to work quite hard at times to nail the shots, but when you do get it right - they really are amazing. Some people doubt the IQ hype of these new Fuji sensors, but It's not hype. The 6 isn't that far behind though. All my shots are Jpeg, so RAW may mean the 6 is even closer in IQ with a bit of effort.

I just came across this comment on the Fuji IQ, on the RAW flow, with Adobe LR 4.4 upgrades:

If you shoot JPG, Fuji JPG is more 'aggressively' tuned, keep this in mind. You can get the same out of the Nex by changing the defaults.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow