Bring the D7100 on trip or not?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Thomas Milner
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Re: Bring the D7100 on trip or not?
In reply to fotolopithecus, Apr 24, 2013

Thanks all for some great suggestions.

I think now I'm leaning toward getting a ThinkTank SubUrban Disguise 30, which will carry all the gear I may take (D7100, 16-85mm, 35mm 1.8, sigma 10-20mm, filters, Black Rapid strap, maybe a 910 flash and my ipad 3). I can just tie my Gorillapod SLR-Zoom using velcro wraps.  This will be my transport for moving through airports and between towns.

Then, when I'm in the town, I'll carry the D7100 + 16-85mm combo on Black Rapid for most walkaround situations  (gotta carry that plastic bag for potential rain). And leave the bulk back in the hotel.

When we head to the churches, I can bring the entire kit, for use of the gorilla-pod and the 10-20 to capture some of amazing interiors.

Meanwhile, the wife will carry her P7700 (which takes some great macro like close ups)

Wow, some of my traveling companions would think I'm crazy worrying about such stuff, but I know that many of you understand my pre-planning.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow