Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,732Gear list
Like?
Yes, one must be careful
In reply to qianp2k, Apr 24, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

Schwany wrote:

Depends on whom one is disagreeing with. I wouldn't want to disagree with a moderator. Bad things could happen. he he

LOL.  I learn not to dispute with mods endlessly.  I said what I want to say once and I am sure what I said usually doesn't end as the last say in the chain

Yes indeed, butt kissing is the best policy. Just walk away...

I neither agree nor disagree, or care really, but I wouldn't buy a Sigma lens under any circumstances. That is my narrow minded biased personal choice, which should be allowed with or without the proper charts and blog links.

Well respected as everyone has his/her priority. Personally I'd pickup Sigma 35/1.4 based on all reviews.  Nevertheless I picked two best Canon F2.8 zoom that maybe only 10% better than third party's ones despite 80% more expensive. To me it’s case by case consideration on third party lenses.

Bad experiences saving money with Sigma lenses left a permanent mark. It was along time ago, and if I were a nice person, I'd give them a second chance.

Anyway, somebody mentioned Sigma now has a better warranty. If they had had that back when I was using Sigma lenses, I might be singing a different tune now. Less heavy metal, and maybe lighter jazz.

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow