Potential good news and bad news re Aperture 4

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
afterburn
Contributing MemberPosts: 807Gear list
Like?
Re: Potential good news and bad news re Aperture 4
In reply to Matt Shelton, Apr 24, 2013

Matt Shelton wrote:

in Apple's earnings announcement yesterday, Tim Cook said not to expect any new product announcements until this fall - bad news for those of us looking for Aperture 4 and a new Mac Pro to run it NOW!   But, Tim also stated that Apple has "amazing new hardware and software coming.  Now I know that "software" could be yet another new operating system, but in the context of the statement, I read it as software other than or in addition to OSX and iOS.   Apple's ignored quite a bit of its software for awhile.  Hopefully this is a good sign.

Apple just announced they will demo and provide developer access to iOS7 and and the next version of OS X on WWDC, so much guess is fall will see the release of both.

Of course that doesn't mean there won't be an update for Aperture, but I guess that also depends on how much is going to change in OS X.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Apple Aperture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow