Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429Gear list
Like?
Re: Ruth the Great
In reply to ConanFuji, Apr 24, 2013

I think her comment is fine.

Fact: The world is filled with narrow-minded people

Fact: Narrow-minded people sometimes think it's their "job" to find fault with those who don't feel/think the same way they do.

Fact: Ruth's comment was assuming the voting public contained some of these very people and rather than subject her relative's photo to possible negative comments, she opted to decline entry.

Conclusion: I believe her comment serves a useful purpose--to draw attention to the fact that gays and lesbians are still struggling against negative opinions and unfair laws. It also serves to, perhaps, make others stop and think twice before making a submission themselves (in case they haven't thought of the possible consequences).

I think Ruth is a "plus" to this forum/community, unlike others who frequent...

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow