How do you delete your unneeded photos or do you hoard them like me?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
roby17269
Contributing MemberPosts: 840Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you delete your unneeded photos or do you hoard them like me?
In reply to kelpdiver, Apr 24, 2013

kelpdiver wrote:

roby17269 wrote:

Perhaps I wasn't clear but in every pass I go thru a smaller and smaller set of images: what isn't marked with the top rating of a specific pass gets ignored in the following passes. It is true that deciding about an image in the last passes takes longer than it takes in the first ones, for obvious reasons.

So the slowdown here is that even an obvious winner image would be evaluated 5x, and even if you skipped ahead, just going through the first cycle of reviewing everything takes a while.

I'd counter that "obvious" winners require very little decision time (I actually sometimes relax my own rules and rate those winners 2-3 levels up so that they skip a couple of passes) - it's towards the end, when sometimes there are too many "obvious" winners, that it takes a bl**dy long timeĀ for me to decide

Also, with modern tools such as FastStone, LR and Bridge and a decent computer, sifting thru RAW images is not that bad.

Anyways, back to sifting thru the shots from my latest photoshoot - already delete 300+ out of 662 (first pass)

-- hide signature --
 roby17269's gear list:roby17269's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Nik Silver Efex Pro Nik Color Efex Pro Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Canon EOS-1D X +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow