Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fat Dragon
Regular MemberPosts: 192
Like?
Priorities for an LX7 successor?
Apr 24, 2013

If you're were designing the successor to the LX7, what would you prioritize to improve on the current experience?

Personally, I would replace the aperture ring with a fully-mechanical manual focus ring (not certain if that's possible). I like the aperture ring, and it's apropos for the fastest point-and-shoot lens in the world, but having fully controllable manual focus would be absolutely stellar. A higher-PPI LCD would also help facilitate manual focus for those of us without an LVF.

I also often wish the camera remembered the zoom range it was at when I turned it off. Just a small thing, but notable for me. Faster zoom wouldn't hurt either.

A longer zoom would be nice as well (maybe 120mm equivalent), but not if it messes with the overall optical quality of the lens. 180mm equivalent with iZoom is already pretty good for what it is. While I would also love things like a larger sensor and a built-in EVF, those would be asking the LX7 to be something that it isn't.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FZNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow