The best camera company

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Vague Question but...
In reply to RhysM, Apr 24, 2013

For DSLRs, it would be hard to find any one company that's better than Nikon and Canon.  With the most complete systems by far, huge lenses line-ups offering pretty much any focal length or specialty lens you'd need, and class leading bodies in entry-level, enthusiast, prosumer and pro, as much as I like and respect Pentax, and Sony, they simply do not have as complete DSLR systems as either Canon or Nikon.  My preference is Nikon who has been on a roll in the last 5 years, but Canon remains wildly popular.  Both produce extraordinarily good quality gear.

Mirrorless - This is a more difficult question, but I'd have to say just based on their lenses, Leica is the best.  But for systems that normal working people can afford,  as a prime lover, and somewhat of a traditionalist, I love what Fujifilm has been doing, but Sony, Panasonic and Olympus have also been making waves.  Big fan of Ricoh cameras and their new GRD V looks great.  Samsung has a nice lens lineup but their bodies don't do it for me.

Medium Format - Phase One, followed by Hasselblad, Pentax, Mamiya and Leica, in no particular order.  They are have expensive but incredibly high quality professional MF camera systems.

Cheers, and happy shooting, Markus

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow