Review of 10-18 is up at photozone.de

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dennishh
Contributing MemberPosts: 503Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the use of better reviews in the face of rampant decentering defects?
In reply to daggochgryning, Apr 24, 2013

daggochgryning wrote:

A better review at luminous landscape is completely irrelevant as long as quality control is that bad with SONY and decentering defects remain as common among SONY lenses as they are now.

By the way: I had several AF-S Nikkor lenses by Nikon and several EF(-S) lenses by Canon during the last five years. None of these were decentered. SONY has a serious problem here.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Wolfram

Why would luminous landscapes review be completely irrelevant? They obviously didn't have a decentered lens. Anyone that is serious about their photography has to test all their lenses as far as I'm concerned. Testing for decentering probably will take a maximum of 15 or 20 minutes. Lenses can be damaged by poor shipping or many other reasons. I guess I was lucky in getting of version that was clean the first time, but I can tell you I have tested as many as three or four copies of Canon and Nikon lenses without success.  Mass-produced lenses will always have problems.

Dennishh's gear list:Dennishh's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow