Blown Away With the NEX-7

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steven-T
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,150Gear list
Like?
Re: Blown Away With the NEX-7 - I stand on the opposite side!
In reply to kcamacho11, Apr 24, 2013

kcamacho11 wrote:

Greetings to all.

Technically, I am using my older brother's login name to look around and write in this great DPreview forum.....but I am new here, and especially to the Sony NEX section.

I wanted to express how blown away I am with the NEX-7 which I recently just purchased.

I was a Nikon guy all my life. I had everything from the D60, D3100, D90, D7000, to the D700.
I am not a pro by any means, I guess I can call myself an enthusiast. I LOVE photography and I'm serious about taking nice photos when I go on vacation, family events, or anything in general.

After getting incredibly tired of carrying out my heavier DSLR's with lenses, flash, etc......
I finally pulled the trigger and got me the NEX-7.

One word = WOW .

I am not going to sit here and bore you with everything I love about it, but I will say that this is BY FAR my most favorite camera that I have ever owned.

I purchased it with the kit 18-55  (general walk around lens), the 55-210 (longer reach when needed / zoos, sports under good light, etc.) and the 35 F1.8 (indoor / low light). 
Each lens is built incredibly well and I love their small size and little weight.

Well....just wanted to introduce myself and had to get this happyness and satisfaction off my chest.

Happy shootings,
Robert

The more I use the NEX-7, and with the latest firmware upgrade, it "killed" my Leica RF WA lenses, including 50mm Lux and lower focal length.

Before the latest upgrade, I was quite ok with my high end wide angle lenses, not the budget and more symmetrical designs.  Now it's a dead end for me.  What's a hopeless feeling.

If you searched my previous postings, the NEX-7 is ok, e.g. with my 35Lux ASPH.  Now no more.  Need to look elsewhere for light weight small size.  NEX is no longer the platform for me, after significant investments.  The e-mount zoom/primes do not work for me.

It's great you like your new NEX-7.  Congrats!

Steven-T's gear list:Steven-T's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow