LX7 and B&W ND110 10 stop ND filter

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
MustangJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 and B&W ND110 10 stop ND filter
In reply to MustangJoe, Apr 23, 2013

It was nice to see this thread bumped up as it gives me an excuse to post two more LX7 shots taken with the B&W ND110. Two Sundays ago I went out for a hike on the Chedoke Radial Trail in Hamilton since the recent rain meant that the multiple falls along the trail were flowing well. Many of the creeks that feed the falls dry up completely in the summer so this is often the only time that you can see them.

Lower Westcliffe falls, Hamilton Ontario

This second shot is of Lower Cliffview falls which is about 15 feet to the left of the falls in the first photo but since they're fed from two separate creeks, they count as separate falls. I was standing in the outflow from Cliffview when I took the shot of Westcliffe.

Lower Cliffview falls, Hamilton Ontario

There were a couple of questions about stacking filters. I'm using the 37mm filter adapter and if I use two filters together, such as a polarizer and an ND filter, then you'll get vignetting in the corners. If you can zoom in a bit you can avoid this, plus you've got the option of cropping them out in post. Here's a crop of the top right corner of a shot very similar to the first image up above that shows the vignette.

Vignetting when using a 3 stop ND filter and a polarizer on an LX7.

I've got some of the other shots taken on the same hike in this Flickr set┬ábut the two up above were the only ones from that set that used the ND110.

Joe

MustangJoe's gear list:MustangJoe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow