Bring the D7100 on trip or not?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
cdp8 Forum Member • Posts: 99
Re: I'm Convinced, now how to carry it.

You can't go wrong with any of the ThinkTank bags.

It is your lens choice and the cathedrals that may need a little tweaking. Not all cathedrals allow photography. The ones I have visited that do allow photography, do not allow tripods. I think you need a low light lens for what you intend to shoot. You mentioned a Sigma 10-20; that's either a f/3.5 or f/4-5.6. I use a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. Not exactly light weight or big zoom range, but it sure comes in handy indoors in low light.

You might want to consider using a monopod with your d7100 or your wife's P&S. With a canon s70 P&S and a monopod I was able to get nice shots in duomo's in Italy seven years ago before I picked up my first dslr. My monopod has a foam grip and hand strap, so it looks like a walking stick even with a small ball head on it. Though I got scolded in italian by a priest in Como while shooting stained glass. A mass was taking place in another part of the Duomo (it's a big duomo and I was unaware), and there is no picture taking during mass.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow