Bring the D7100 on trip or not?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
cdp8
Forum MemberPosts: 89
Like?
Re: I'm Convinced, now how to carry it.
In reply to Thomas Milner, Apr 23, 2013

You can't go wrong with any of the ThinkTank bags.

It is your lens choice and the cathedrals that may need a little tweaking. Not all cathedrals allow photography. The ones I have visited that do allow photography, do not allow tripods. I think you need a low light lens for what you intend to shoot. You mentioned a Sigma 10-20; that's either a f/3.5 or f/4-5.6. I use a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. Not exactly light weight or big zoom range, but it sure comes in handy indoors in low light.

You might want to consider using a monopod with your d7100 or your wife's P&S. With a canon s70 P&S and a monopod I was able to get nice shots in duomo's in Italy seven years ago before I picked up my first dslr. My monopod has a foam grip and hand strap, so it looks like a walking stick even with a small ball head on it. Though I got scolded in italian by a priest in Como while shooting stained glass. A mass was taking place in another part of the Duomo (it's a big duomo and I was unaware), and there is no picture taking during mass.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow