Is anybody enthused over this forthcoming Canon-N ???

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: Is anybody enthused over this forthcoming Canon-N ???
In reply to ericN2, Apr 23, 2013

It looks just like another 12 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch (pinhead) P&S with Wi-Fi (WOW) designed for kids and they are a dime a dozen, nothing really new or exciting about it. I think most enthusiasts are waiting for a new, highly efficient 2/3-1” sensor camera to compete with the Sony RX100. Frankly, I have become very disappointed with Canon and their inability to be innovative and be a leader, as they once were. I have been waiting to upgrade my G12, and the G15 just did not do it for me, IQ wise. Now, I’m thinking about getting something really worthwhile upgrading to the Olympus PEN E-PL5:

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/%28appareil1%29/839|0/%28brand%29/Olympus/%28appareil2%29/665|0/%28brand2%29/Canon

If Canon could have made the G15 with a lens as sharp and had the focal length of the P7700, I might have gone for it, but they couldn’t do it?! There is a huge gap between the G15 and the Sony RX100 and m3/4 cameras, but Canon is not able filling it, why, what is their problem?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow