Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jburrows500
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Re: As long as you view small
In reply to Lightpath48, Apr 23, 2013

Lightpath48 wrote:

Our son-in-law is an Apple guru with both an iPhone and a Nikon DSLR so he shoots with both. His iPhone does a beautiful job with little technical consideration required, coming off with images that look great on the small viewer. Take them home and put them on a 27 inch monitor however, and it's a different story. The images tend to fall apart much sooner than work from the larger sensor. For me, it's all in the final viewing. If Web use or social sites are one's only ends, the phones seem to be closing the gap. I for one, like to hang a nice print on the wall or make a book with full spread photos. I would never consider doing that from a current phone camera.

I agree.. I use a Dell 1327HM myself and the images where iso's would be around 800 do become quite grainy..    For sharing among friends however they work extremely well..

jburrows500's gear list:jburrows500's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow