Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jburrows500
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
Re: Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D
In reply to edispics, Apr 23, 2013

edispics wrote:

Just curious, do you really mean iPod and not iPad or iPhone? Second, if it really is an iPod, is it a 4th generation (.5 megapixel) or current 5th gen (5 megapixel) ?

For what its worth.. It is a 5th generation ipod.

The point of my post was not to start a debate between the picture quality of a 5D vs a 5th gen ipod.  The point was simply this; the image quality is dam good as shot.. that's all.

Some of the responses to the post were clearly indicative of an elitist mindset some photographers continue to hold.. "My pictures are better than yours" because I use equipment you can't begin to understand..  I never got that..  I don't mean to shatter anyone's self image but learning about aperture, shutter speed and ISO isn't rocket science and isnt a 3 credit course at MIT . Learning composition and how to frame a picture are intangibles that are far more important and can not be readily taught.. But like it or not, change is coming.. it is seen in my sons 5th gen ipod.. as well as the highly rated X100.  Technology will at some point drive out the need to carry a 5 pound body and lens (4.66oz for those of you that will respond by noting a 5D body and Sigma 50mm 1.2 don't weigh 5 pounds) which for some is welcome, and for others.. not so much.

jburrows500's gear list:jburrows500's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow