Be Thankful For Olympus Gear

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bobby J
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,691Gear list
Like?
Re: Be Thankful For Olympus Gear
In reply to Doctor Lecter, Apr 23, 2013

I've used Olympus gear since the early 70s when the OM-1 1st was introduced.  When I switched to digital about 8 yrs ago, I had three OM bodies, and 22 lenses for that system.

In all the years I used them, I had the original OM-1 and OM-2 in the shop (at the time located in Dallas TX) one time.  The flash quit working and they replaced the chrome points with gold ones...in both cameras which were by then out of warranty at NO charge. Never another problem of ANY kind.

I dropped my 65x200 zoom and had to send it in to be repaired.  In all those years those were the ONLY times any of the equipment ever had to be in the shop.

When I switched to digital it was only natural that I'd stay with Oly.  I've owned every DSLR they've made (for the US except the E-300 and E-330, don't like brick shaped cameras) and the only problems I've had was the de-lamination of the LCD on the E-3 which was repaired at no charge, again after warranty expired.

I currently own nine DZ lenses and two TCs.  Only problem I've had was the 12x60 (a refurb) which simply locked up and wouldn't run.  Repaired at no charge.

That's a pretty good record over 40 yrs and Heaven knows how many images.

My daughter still owns my original OM-1 and it still works just fine.

I guess you could say I'm an Oly guy.

-- hide signature --

BJM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow