LX7 ~ how is the camera for family shots

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,619Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 ~ how is the camera for family shots
In reply to Gingertwist, Apr 23, 2013

Thanks all, I ordered the LX7

I just used my LX7 for an indoor wedding shower party this past weekend. I shot jpg&raw but didn't need to use any of the RAW files. The jpgs came out great. Most were ISO 400. I used standard photo style in program mode. Ires on high, -1 sharpness and +1 contrast. The rest of the settings were on defaults. Both the stills and video are sharp and clean! The only post processing might be color and only on a few from 50 images. Color balance was nearly perfect in all images. I used face detection focusing and it worked great! I love this little camera! I settled on the above settings testing the camera indoors at my house so that I was ready for the shower. The images are very clean with only a tiny bit of grain even at ISO 400 and with that F1.4 lens you rarely need to go higher. I had on image that used ISO 800 and it was at home in room that had light coming in from outside at dusk about 10 minutes before dark. It was very dark in the room. The jpg had a lot of color noise but taking the RAW file and silkypix 5.0 pro I was able to get a very nice looking image. I reaction was WOW! Never expected that shot to be any good when I snapped it.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow