2x Canon 6D or 1x 5D an something cheap

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
MASTERPPA
Contributing MemberPosts: 855
Like?
Re: 2x Canon 6D or 1x 5D an something cheap
In reply to lordbeau, Apr 23, 2013

When I started in digital (from MF film) it was with a 1DII with a 20D as a backup (the 20D had my long lens)

But if the 1D failed I knew the 20D could get me through the wedding. As the 20 images on one card was all just zooms or images that were not critical.

I would get a single 5DIII and a do not laugh, a used 1DIII as a backup. (about $1200 used in US on ebay)

If you are not worried at all about a 2nd camera with a backup card, a 7D, or higher end Rebel..etc..

lordbeau wrote:

Just weighing up the pros and cons for weddings and so on:

2x 6D bodies so that if one fails, I can just switch over to the other. Also, can use both at the same time with different lenses and the same batteries. Plus I don't feel that I've spent so much on a body like the 5D Mark III. However, only one card per camera (risky).

1x 5D Mark iii and something cheap: nice main body which I would use all the time. Expensive, though. If it fails, I would fall back on something cheap and cheerful such as 650D! Hmm. However, luxury of twin card slots in main body.

Overcall cost, the same.

Any thoughts?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow