Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bart Hickman
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,237Gear list
Like?
Re: Please see verybiglebowski's comparison with Nikon 14-24
In reply to Faketastic, Apr 23, 2013

Faketastic wrote:

BigG30 wrote:

To all those obsessing over the graphs, charts and the "corner issue" with the NEX-7, then may I suggest you see VBL's blog with field test shots and not silly charts.

http://verybiglobo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/sony-sel-1018-f4-oss-vs-nikkor-14-24.html

Given the Nikon is an excellent yard stick for sharpness and highly regarded, I think the Sony does an excellent job to the point that noone would tell them apart even on a large print. The differences are almost immeasurable.

Yeah, why have a look at charts made in a controlled, repeatable way when you can do uncontrolled, subjective tests in changing enviroment?

I agree with you about controlled tests, but I wish Photozone would share the images from the actual test chart in addition to the resolution numbers.
Another thing that gets left out of these tests that gets captured by informal test shots is the focus distance.  I think the sharpness of some lenses could vary significantly with distance.
Bart

-- hide signature --
 Bart Hickman's gear list:Bart Hickman's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow