Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mikeywcu
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Has anyone complained to Olympus yet...
Apr 23, 2013

About having to pay to ship your OMD in for warranty service? I recently got a black frame from my OMD, and when I called Olympus, they said, "We'll fix it for free, but you have to pay to ship it to us." I was a little annoyed at this, but my annoyance turned to fury when it cost me $30 to insure and ship through UPS. The post office was actually more expensive than that.

I'm glad they're fixing the camera, but why do I have to shell out $30? I planned on calling them to gripe a bit once I get the camera back, but I was wondering if anyone here has done that already and had any success.

Before I get an earful of personal criticism from anyone, I realize that to many of you $30 is chump change and nothing to complain about. But to me, it's a good bit of cash.

Mike

Mikeywcu's gear list:Mikeywcu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OuchNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow