sRGB vs. RGB Locked

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Victor Engel
Forum ProPosts: 15,305Gear list
Re: sRGB vs. RGB
In reply to GMartin, Apr 23, 2013

GMartin wrote:

I use canon 5d's...and i have manually changed the menu to RGB....been shooting like that for the past 9 years....Fuji, Nikon then Canon...but i switched everything over to sRGB including photoshop settings.......we'll see if there is any difference in online colors......

If you shot Jpegs using Adobe RGB, the pictures should look fine if you view them or print them using an application that reads the color profile. If you view them on a device using software that doesn't read the color profile, then they will likely be displayed as if the profile were sRGB. Pictures taken in Adobe RGB and displayed as sRGB will appear dull.

Using Photoshop, you can convert existing images, but you will experience some data loss. It will be worth it, though, to get more accurate color. Make sure you select convert color profile, not assign color profile. The assign color profile option doesn't change the color data but sets a flag stating what the embedded color profile is. That is useful in some situations, but not your situation.

-- hide signature --

Victor Engel

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow