Where to go from a D3100...?

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Questions thread
rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
Re: Where to go from a D3100...?
In reply to SNphotos, Apr 23, 2013

SNphotos wrote:

At first, I did think of just getting better lenses instead of a whole new body but considering the d3100 requires AF-S lenses it is pricier.

My issues with the d3100 started out with its overall handling because it can be pretty slow at times as well as storage capabilities when I do large shoots. But I didn't really think about upgrading until a friend of mine bought a Canon T3i and when shooting with his camera I find everything is much smoother and the photos come out much more detailed and overall more dynamic.

I wish to stick with Nikon but this is why I came to this forum to try and get some opinions on which camera body might be a better upgrade to make my photo quality come out better and provide some ease when shooting.

I am researching the D7000 and d300 because that seems like it might be the best step- any more thoughts?

And also- where would be the best place to find one used?

Thanks again

SNphotos:

I have done business over the last several years with KEH, I have every confidence in their rating system, and never a problem in buying or selling to them.

I have a friend she shoots a Canon 60D with a 17 40 L lens, and a 70 300 L lens and I think most of hers have more dynamic color and contrast than my D90, but! she is much better in PP than me.

So as they say "the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence" but when you get there "looks pretty much the same" as before.

Hope this helps in some small way, cameras and equipment is too expensive to buy and sell at a whim.

Rubicon:

rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow