Where to go from a D3100...?

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Questions thread
SNphotos
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: Where to go from a D3100...?
In reply to whyamihere, Apr 23, 2013

Yes my mother offered to pay me for the value of my camera if I do in fact upgrade- so I have a budget of roughly somewhere between $800-1300 to purchase either a new body and/or better lenses.

At first, I did think of just getting better lenses instead of a whole new body but considering the d3100 requires AF-S lenses it is pricier.

My issues with the d3100 started out with its overall handling because it can be pretty slow at times as well as storage capabilities when I do large shoots. But I didn't really think about upgrading until a friend of mine bought a Canon T3i and when shooting with his camera I find everything is much smoother and the photos come out much more detailed and overall more dynamic.

I wish to stick with Nikon but this is why I came to this forum to try and get some opinions on which camera body might be a better upgrade to make my photo quality come out better and provide some ease when shooting.

I am researching the D7000 because that seems like it might be the best step- any more thoughts?

And also- where would be the best place to find one used?

Thanks again!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow