NO More D660 OIL threads PLEASE

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,941Gear list
Like?
The unremitting pedantry of the equipment-wounded
In reply to chlamchowder, Apr 23, 2013

chlamchowder wrote:...

We should also recognize that on the internet, we are absolutely not obligated to read something we don't want to read. It's very easy to scroll past D600 dust threads if you don't want to read more about that topic. I really don't understand why it's a problem. I guess we can divide it into two possible "problems":

• The internet allows for free speech (I personally don't mind - that's one of the things that makes the internet so useful and relevant today)
  • You are unwilling to ignore posts you don't want to read (the I'd suggest the real solution is to learn to ignore posts you don't want to read. It's a pretty valuable skill that applies to a lot of other sites, and to a lot of offline scenarios. Being able to filter through lots of information can be very useful.)

The internet also allows for unremitting pedantry, represented as insight and discovery, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, delivered with an almost Aspergian quality.

In the case where we have an indexed, time-ranked interface to this pedantry, like the front page of the forum, it can detract from what could be an enjoyable experience reading about other, more useful photography-related subjects.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow