Why so few 60D posts here?

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,518Gear list
Like?
Re: Because it's obsolete
In reply to scorrpio, Apr 23, 2013

scorrpio wrote:

Canon saw fit to split its X0D line and I think it was a great move.

60D has advanced controls, prism finder, shoulder LCD, body form factor of the X0D line.   It features 1/8000 shutter, 1/250 flash sync, wireless flash control, weather sealing, higher shutter life.   It has better AF, better sensor, better screen than 50D.   It may have slightly lower burst speed, but the RAW buffer is still 16, not 6 like on the Rebels.   And of course, there is a very comprehensive video package there.  The body is not magnesium, but 60D is a tough bugger, and its fiber-polycarb body holds its own very well.   I will not be surprised if we see carbon fiber pro bodies before the end of the decade.   These modern polymers are incredible.  About the only thing that 50D has over 60D, and which I would want to have, is MFA.   But so far, I did not actually NEED it.

So, Canon gave customers a great choice - a less expensive but every bit as good, and in some ways better, body, for those who do not need the extra speed, or a slightly more expensive body featuring the AF system and frame rates rivaled only by the 1D line.

The positioning of 60D is about perfect.   It makes for a very natural leap from a Rebel line to the next level, and encourages one to take photography to the next level - which for Canon, means more sales in lenses, flashes and likely better bodies in the future.   Compared to a camera like T2i, which is not bad by any means itself, 60D is an absolute joy to handle and use.

Maybe that is why there are so few people here complaining about it.

Beautifully stated, and I couldn't agree more. Add Magic Lantern firmware and it becomes one of the most sophisticated and versatile cameras available.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MFA?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow