qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,000Gear list
Like?
Re: That "L" lens "look" - Canon v Sigma 35mm1.4
In reply to Schwany, Apr 23, 2013

Schwany wrote:

schmegg wrote:

kipling wrote:

So what do you think? Does any undefinable quality of the Canon lens overcome the technical superiority of the Sigma lens?

I have used both and settled with the Sigma. I liked it just a bit more - and value wise, in my personal opinion, it is a clear winner.

But, as you say, it is very subjective, and there certainly is room for disagreement (as there should be in any rational discussion about which of two fine lenses is better!)

Depends on whom one is disagreeing with. I wouldn't want to disagree with a moderator. Bad things could happen. he he

LOL.  I learn not to dispute with mods endlessly.  I said what I want to say once and I am sure what I said usually doesn't end as the last say in the chain

I neither agree nor disagree, or care really, but I wouldn't buy a Sigma lens under any circumstances. That is my narrow minded biased personal choice, which should be allowed with or without the proper charts and blog links.

Well respected as everyone has his/her priority. Personally I'd pickup Sigma 35/1.4 based on all reviews.  Nevertheless I picked two best Canon F2.8 zoom that maybe only 10% better than third party's ones despite 80% more expensive. To me it’s case by case consideration on third party lenses.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow