Would you buy a 50mm equivilent x100

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
zenpmd
Contributing MemberPosts: 958Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you buy a 50mm equivilent x100
In reply to iamthenewguy, Apr 23, 2013

I am oretty sure 35mm Focal length is going to make me a decent photographer. You have to try so hard to fill the frame and not make it look like a point and shoot! You really need to find and compose interesting subjects. 50mm I think its easier to get away with just shooting random stuff. Sometimes that is fun.

For me, I am sure I will be happy with the 35mm 100s, and as David Harvey says, a wider angle lens is a good thing for a take anywhere camera as its easier to get everything in focus in everyday light, worse can scenario you can crop a bit, and you can never go wider so its better to be a little wider than it is to be too long.

I am going to wait for the second iteration of the X-e1, at which point I will buy it, the 35mm 1.4 and the 56mm 1.2 which will probably come out around the same time. But what a combo of lenses and cameras that will be!!

zenpmd's gear list:zenpmd's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow