What would be a good basic lens collection?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
GreenMountainGirl
Contributing MemberPosts: 634Gear list
Like?
Re: What would be a good basic lens collection?
In reply to garrywatson, Apr 23, 2013

garrywatson wrote:

Hi Friends, I am unable to add specified link here as Dpreview doesn't allow to post links.

Garry,

Other people have posted links to helpful websites, including their own blogs.  Perhaps the website you wanted to post falls under the following:

"Commercial website linking or advertising is not allowed, if you wish to advertise on the site please contact us. This rule includes owners of other digital photography websites promoting themselves on the forum."

I think if you post the web address, not as a link, you will be OK, or just describe where the content is to be found.  Such as:  Thom Hogan's site and the name of the article, eg. "The best lens at any focal length".

Regarding what you were saying about overlap, I have realized that there are lenses that have the same focal length, but one may be better for one purpose while the other may be better for another.  My "all-purpose" lenses are both zoom lenses with the widest aperture being 3.5.  Just purchased a macro lens (Sigma 150mm f/2.8) and have also used it for other photographs besides macro.  The better light-gathering ability is a bonus and the sharp images make it a pleasure to work with.  However, it does have the limitation that I have to move my feet, and I like taking pictures of critters that don't always like me to get too close!

Looking forward to finding out what your reading suggestion is!

Susan

-- hide signature --

GreenMountainGirl

GreenMountainGirl's gear list:GreenMountainGirl's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow