D7100 or K-5IIs

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,497Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 or K-5IIs
In reply to SMACRAE, Apr 23, 2013

Ask the Pentax Forum what to buy, and we're biased toward the K-05IIs, ask the Nikon Forum and they're biased toward the D7100.  Both excellent IQ, hence this is not a factor.  Both very good cameras, not a factor either.  You decision comes down to your style off shooting (lens requirements, mobility, flash support etc.) and ergonomic preferences.  I for one don't care much for Nikon's ergonomics, but I'm a biased Pentax user ;-).  I don't like big zooms, and favor Pentax's Ltds primes, I like something that doesn't feel like a plastic toy in my hands and has a solid feel. I like in-body stabilization, and I like Pentax MF override (I hate it when I put a Nikon to my eye, and the darn thing is completely out of focus, and I have to AF before I can see anything.  Sometimes, all I want to do if look things up, even if the camera is turned off).  Buy a Pentax and you'll always be wondering if you shouldn't have bought Nikon (peer pressure), buy a Nikon, and you'll always be wondering if Pentax wouldn't have been better.  No matter what you do, you'll have buyer remorse.  So, make a list of what's important to you, what you'll be doing with it mostly and buy the one that fits that list most closely.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow