Started Apr 23, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidevans1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057
Like?
Apple TV and iPad questions
Apr 23, 2013

I tried this on the Apple forum but no replies, should probably posted here in the first place!

I'm in the UK and have just bought an Apple TV to use with a Sony 1080 HD TV. It works great and Netflix has good clear definition ... as long as I don't have my iPad on nearby. When the iPad is on the picture resolution goes right down and is really soft.

The iPad isn't a Retina  screen one and was bought November 2011 (So iPad 2 I think).

Is the problem that the resolution of the iPad is below that of the TV, and if the iPad is on and nearby Netflix and everything else is being routed via the iPad first? Or is there another explanation?

One of the reasons for getting Apple TV was to be able to show what's on the iPad screen in good resolution on the TV. Can I do this without getting the latest Retina iPad? I don't have plans to spend on one of these.

If not what would be the situation with an iPad Mini (I may get one of these at some stage to use with a Cam Ranger, which I is on the 'would like when funds allow' list also)?

Final separate question - I downloaded the Remote app, which works to control the Apple TV, but the main iPad screen when using remote is completely blank apart from the edge which has a Menu button and a couple of other controls. Is this how it should be? I was expecting a sort of arrow display or something so I know what direction and where to swipe on the screen.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the above.

-- hide signature --

David

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow