The best camera company

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
jvkelley
Contributing MemberPosts: 825Gear list
Like?
Re: The best camera company
In reply to Airless, Apr 23, 2013

Airless wrote:

Informed, well-articulated comments are preferred, and no trolling please; nobody likes to see decent threads get sabotaged. No reason why a solid discussion can't take place without a flame war.

It will be interesting to see if it really is possible to discuss this topic without it degrading into a flame war.  I'll do my best.

My pick is Canon.  Since we are rating companies rather than individual products, you can't ignore them.  They have one of the most complete product lines of any camera company from inexpensive point and shoots to full frame professional DSLRs.  They have one of the most complete DSLR lens lineups, and they also have a nice line of video products. Their DSLR sensors may be behind Nikon and Sony at the moment, and their mirrorless offerings are weak, but all of the other companies have weaknesses too.

-- hide signature --

J.V.

jvkelley's gear list:jvkelley's gear list
Canon PowerShot S50 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow