Why I HATE the term "capture" for taking a photo...

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 32,716
Like?
Re: Why I HATE the term "capture" for taking a photo...
In reply to Omexis, Apr 23, 2013

Omexis wrote:

bosjohn21 wrote:

Omexis wrote:

I'm new to the world of photography, and I find myself using the word "Capture" for when I take a photography, it's just something I never really thought about before I read this thread. What would all the old school users use to describe taking an image??

-- hide signature --

Steve

I am about as oldster as it gets at 71 oh I am sure there are a few older but I use capture for many years. But now I will be sure to use it just to p--s off the nay sayers who started what has to be one of the most purile and sllly threads I have seen

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

I didn't meaning that in the oldest sense, just the most experienced, but I will continue to use the word "capture" because that's what I am doing, "Capturing" a photograph

-- hide signature --

Steve

Capture is historically used in the retaining of someone, or and animal, that does not wish to be retained. To me that has absolutely nothing to do with recording an image of what's in front if you with a camera. However, what you are doing is seeing that scene, and taking it away with you. thecscenevis not trying to evade you as with when a capture is taking place.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow