Do Owners of the X100 and X100s Expect and Accept Performance Issues? Locked

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
joe talks photography
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Do Owners of the X100 and X100s Expect and Accept Performance Issues?
Apr 23, 2013

Since the inception of this camera line there has been a chronic stream of performance issues and niggles with the X100 and now with its replacement. Some get a firmware fix whilst others waited a model upgrade to address. And yet the reports continue unabated. Is this the price of ownership of an X100 and X100S? Even if the reports come from a minority percentage of owners, this does not inspire confidence for potential owners.

I had no issues with the X10 or before that my S5 Pro (Nikon D200 body).  I really have wanted to get the X100s but I have to say that I have a low tolerance for the sort of issues that pop up with this Fuji line.

I am wanting a great street camera but I no longer am confident that the X100S is 100% reliable like my Nex cameras have been.

I would have loved to buy a discounted X100 but although they can be had for a great price they don't have US Warranties so that's out becuase of the sticky shutter issue possibility!

For owners of these cameras, do you embrace the problems, do work arounds, await firmware fixes, try and sell, grin and bear it or...?

I still may get one but will have to make sure I put it through some rigorous shooting during the first few weeks so I can return upon dissatisfactory performance. Have you returned one?

-- hide signature --

Joe

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow