Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 19,725Gear list
Like?
Re: NO More D660 OIL threads PLEASE
In reply to Chris in Sacto, Apr 23, 2013

Chris in Sacto wrote:

chlamchowder wrote:

Event_shooter wrote:

Lets all agree the D600 has oil spots, and apparently always will, so we no longer need the millionth thread that you bout a D600 and now you see oil spots.

Let's all assume that everyone who has a D600

1 - Has spots, and need to send it to Nikon for cleaning

2 - Hate that they have to send it ti Nikon for cleaning

3- Mad at Nikon for still selling the D600 with oil spots

4- Will never buy a Nikon product again

5- Going to buy  Canon

So there we have it all in a nut shell, see we no longer need to discuss it. Unless you start a thread and just use the "code numbers" EXAMPLE:

I bought a D600 and... 1, 2, 3.

We should also recognize that on the internet, we are absolutely not obligated to read something we don't want to read. It's very easy to scroll past D600 dust threads if you don't want to read more about that topic. I really don't understand why it's a problem. I guess we can divide it into two possible "problems":

I must admit that I am tired of seeing posts on the D600 dust/debris issue also, so I just choose to ignore them and move on to more interesting posts. Someday, if I see a post that reads:  "D600 oil spot issue fixed" I will definitely choose to take a look .

Been fixed for months from the right distributor. Where you been?

-C

• The internet allows for free speech (I personally don't mind - that's one of the things that makes the internet so useful and relevant today)
  • You are unwilling to ignore posts you don't want to read (the I'd suggest the real solution is to learn to ignore posts you don't want to read. It's a pretty valuable skill that applies to a lot of other sites, and to a lot of offline scenarios. Being able to filter through lots of information can be very useful.)
-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow