Which NEX lenses have the "WOW" factor?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,043Gear list
Like?
Re: Enrique & Keith: I'm afraid I do agree with you...
In reply to jpr2, Apr 23, 2013

"...none has that untangible oomph we feel when images taken through a lens just give us a deep feeling of joy, acomplishment and personal pleasure."

Have you tried match.com?

jpr2 wrote:

Enir4 wrote:

I wonder what makes you think that. My answer to the header and to the sentence before last "So I was looking for some real life experience on which lenses give you that "wow" factor." is none, no nex lens gives me the wow factor, and I have the 10-18, 24, 50, 55-210 and the Sigmas 19 and 30. Some Zeiss, even some Canon L lenses gave me the wow factor, not any of the nex.

(KeitII = second post from the top) = "none" it is. I've tried all E-mount primes released so far (by Sony & Sigma) + the 10-18, and yet they've all left me cold. Some are sharp indeed, but none has that untangible oomph we feel when images taken through a lens just give us a deep feeling of joy, acomplishment and personal pleasure...   

jpr2

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow