Using a D7100 in AUTO mode???

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,502
+1 toomany

Very well said, toomanycanons.  There are people who would like help or advice but it is good to wait for an opening where they ask for it.  I met a young lady at a zoo shoot.  She complained that her D5100 was not a good camera and she was going to get a different system.  I asked her why.  She said it just did not focus well.  She let me look at her settings.   It turned out she was in full auto focus.  I showed her how to select af-s, single point and off she went happy with her camera able to get the eagle nice and clear.  It turned out she took a photography course where the basic settings of a dslr were never discussed.  She got a good grade but had no handle on her camera.  I am not sure I would have opened the eyes of the op's D7100 owner without his seeking some improvement.  Perhaps to make him so unhappy he might hand it to me.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow