Using a D7100 in AUTO mode???

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,472Gear list
Like?
+1 toomany
In reply to toomanycanons, Apr 23, 2013

Very well said, toomanycanons.  There are people who would like help or advice but it is good to wait for an opening where they ask for it.  I met a young lady at a zoo shoot.  She complained that her D5100 was not a good camera and she was going to get a different system.  I asked her why.  She said it just did not focus well.  She let me look at her settings.   It turned out she was in full auto focus.  I showed her how to select af-s, single point and off she went happy with her camera able to get the eagle nice and clear.  It turned out she took a photography course where the basic settings of a dslr were never discussed.  She got a good grade but had no handle on her camera.  I am not sure I would have opened the eyes of the op's D7100 owner without his seeking some improvement.  Perhaps to make him so unhappy he might hand it to me.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow