Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jburrows500
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
Re: Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D
In reply to MiLei, Apr 23, 2013

MiLei wrote:

It was more than ten ago I first saw good digital camera photos. They were good on a computer screen. So the camera does not matter so much.

It is the matter of skill and luck to get a good photo. Like where you aim your camera and timing when you press the trigger. It is the same on every camera. 5D photos are not automatically better or even good.

SLRs dont have fancy software features like panoramic pictures or face detection. Panoramas and so on are made afterwards.

But equipment matters sometimes too. What lenses you have. Like if you shoot sports, a tele is handy. Or if you want to crop or print big you need megapixels. What of those does an Ipad have.

I agree.. I think looking at a 2.5" x 4" screen on his new ipod makes things look a bit sharper than they might printed out at 10x14.. Obviously depth of field is lacking.. But I am constantly impressed with the manner in which his ipod (newest version.. not sure of the os version) handles white balance and shutter speed... Most impressed with the great saturation in the sky and field colors.. really well balanced... right out of the camera.  I think I like the simplicity of it.. point, shoot and wow.. from my perspective, its a lot of camera for the money as I hold a $1200 body with a $500 lens on it with another few prime lenses at home..

jburrows500's gear list:jburrows500's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow